Saturday, July 19, 2014

Art Journalling: Book Inspiration



Hello,

I saw the SDC#156: Book Inspiration challenge.  They asked what our favorite book was, and to use that to inspire a piece of art.  I had just gotten a new sketchbook in the mail, so I decided to do an art journal page.  Now please keep in mind, I am new at Art Journalling, so this may look messy to you.  But that is part of the attraction for me.  My cards have to be crisp balanced and pretty.  My art journal can be messy, ugly, unorganized too.

My favorite book is The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton.  She was 16 when she wrote it.  I loved the book because it showed a group of kids sticking by each other, even though their lives were difficult.I read it for the first time when I was 14, after seeing the movie.  And like the good hoarder I am, I bought all her other books too. LOL!

This book introduced me to Robert Frost's "Nothing Gold Can Stay" poem.  It is still one of my favorites, although it leaves me with a sadness inside.  I think it was the first time I felt something after reading poetry!

As you will see I put a couple of important quotes on my pages.  I used Stampotiques  Smile stamp to represent Johnny Cade, and Pigtales to represent Cherry Valance, and Eric as Ponyboy Curtis.  The Picture Door stamp was used to represent the movie theatre's door in the first page of the book.

So?  What is your favorite book?

Happy Krafting,
Hugs
Tanya